[Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx

aobrien88 <@t> comcast.net aobrien88 <@t> comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 14:36:30 CST 2014

My Medical Director published a paper on our procedure. If you would be interested I can ask him to share it with you.

Andrea

----- Original Message -----

From: wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com
To: "Shirley A. Powell" <POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu>, "Laurie Colbert" <lcolbert <@t> pathmdlabs.com>, "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:05:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx

I concur with Shirley~ this will be my next order for my GI lab.

Wanda

concave cavity with no corners for small pieces of tissue to get caught in and the solutions pass through it very
nicely. I use it for small research samples, like shrimp gills similar in size to the prostate biopsies, and I lose nothing. I
use the yellow ones, VB1005 but they have other colors and also some with smaller grid. Highly recommend them.

> Shirley

Laurie Colbert
> Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:49 AM
> To: Histonet Post (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
> Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Needle Bx
>
> How do others process prostate needle bx's - what kind of cassettes do you use? Do you use sponges? Do you
wrap the tissue in lens paper? Do you process them on a biopsy (short) run? Our bx's always seem to be less than
optimal, but we do not have problems with other small bx's.