[Histonet] RE: back orders from various vendors

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Tue Dec 2 09:59:22 CST 2014

Happens every year at this time with various vendors and end of year.  I always over order in October to be sure I am good through the end of the year or as close as I can.  I know the things I use most and those are just what is always in backorder at the end of the year.  October became my answer as long as expiration dates are not an issue.

Pam Marcum
UAMS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martha Ward-Pathology
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 9:48 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] back orders from various vendors

I just need a moment to vent....is it just me or is everyone seeing more and more back order issues with their various vendors?   It is not specific to any one particular vendor, product or even category of product, but lately I am being told more and more often that an item is not available....expected release dates anywhere from a few days to 6-8 weeks!      This is starting to cause real problems .....

Thanks for letting get this off my chest.....I will resume my frantic search for another antibody vendor now.....

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Manager

Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Medical Center Boulevard  \  Winston-Salem, NC 27157 p 336.716.2109  \  f 336.716.5890 mward <@t> wakehealth.edu