[Histonet] new codes for Medicare

Baldwin, Kathy sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org
Tue Aug 26 07:57:11 CDT 2014

Hi Histonetters
Does anyone have any advice on what to do with this?  We already have our codes changed to the G code but Medicare is withholding re-imbursements (from what I understand)
Wanting these 3 Group2 codes to be attached.  I guess I need to contact the physicians get them educated on this but in the meantime try to get these codes applied to the reports that are in holding??  Any advice?? None of these V codes would really allow for H Pylori, right?

CPT/HCPCS Codes
G0461 - Immunohistochemistry or immunocytochemistry, per specimen; first single or multiplex antibody stain;
G0462 - Immunohistochemistry or immunocytochemistry, per specimen; each additional single or multiplex antibody stain (list separately in addition to code for primary procedure);

They are covered for the following diagnosis codes:
Group 2 Paragraph : 81301, G0461, G0462
Group 2 codes:
V16.0 FAMILY HISTORY OF MALIGNANT NEOPLASM OF GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT
V84.04 GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MALIGNANT NEOPLASM OF ENDOMETRIUM
V84.09 GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO OTHER MALIGNANT NEOPLASM

S Kathy Baldwin
Histology/Cytology Supervisor
PH. 812-996-0210, Fax 812-996-0232
sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org<mailto:sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org>    :)

"Christ's healing mission of compassion empowers us to be for others through Quality and Excellence"
Vision Statement:  We are committed to being the preferred health and wellness provider; transforming lives through faith based, compassionate care.