[Histonet] RE: IHC on free floating slices of brain

Barbara Tibbs barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
Wed Aug 20 08:06:54 CDT 2014

Hello Walter,

Many years ago I did Timm's Silver stain on free-floating rat brain slices.  The rats were perfused before removal and freezing of the brain on dry ice.  I then would cut slices in a cryostat and float the sections in saline until ready to stain.
I would imagine that it might be a bit costly to do IHC on free floating tissue sections because enough reagent and antibody solutions have to be used for each step.
Not sure I can be of any help but email if you have any questions.

Barbara S. Tibbs
Histology Supervisor
Accurate Diagnostic Labs
South Plainfield, NJ
barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
732-839-3374
Cell: 610-809-6508

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> on behalf of Walter Benton <wbenton <@t> cua.md>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:15 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC on free floating slices of brain

Does anyone have information they could share on performing IHC on whole mount, sledge microtome free floating slices of brain? A Neuropathologist colleague is interested in doing this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 127
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
Chesapeakeurology.com<https://www.cua.md/owa/chesapeakeurology.com>

Voted a Best Place to Work by
Baltimore and Modern Healthcare
Magazines.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the transmitting person/department immediately by email or telephone (410) 581-5881 and delete the message without making a copy.