[Histonet] OCT Tissue fall out and reembedding

Lewis, Patrick patrick.lewis <@t> seattlechildrens.org
Tue Aug 19 14:07:04 CDT 2014

Hi everyone.

If you have several OCT blocks in which the Tissue has fallen out and to want to salvage them for IHC.  What is the best way to do so to minimize freeze-thaw damage.

These samples were harvested and then were probably snap frozen in Isopentane surrounded by dry ice and stored at -80 when they were made.

The people using these blocks now have had several of the blocks in which the tissue has popped out of the block.

We are going to get these blocks for IHC.

What is the best way to salvage these tissues so that I can do IHC on them.

Patrick.