[Histonet] bone saw for cutting slabs

M.O. modz9636 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:45:40 CDT 2014

Histoland! Happy Tuesday!

     I just wanted to get your feedback on cutting slabs from human femora
for histopathological analysis.

     At them moment we are just using a hack saw to cut 7mm slabs from
femora.  We notice some marks on the cartilage from sawing, so when we cut
the tissue down after decalcification for histological preparation, we cut
the thickness down to 4mm and remove the "damaged" tissue.

Would using some sort of bone saw damage the tissue even more or would it
be comparable to using a hack saw?  Is there a saw that you recommend that
is precise and easy to handle that doesn't damage tissue greatly?

Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
Merissa