[Histonet] RE: biopsy "bags" for processing - alternatives

Pam Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 10:56:04 CDT 2014

We tried the AutoSette and it did not work on longer biopsies as they curl.  Love the design and the gross room had issues with it in the cassette writer.  It would print two or three and jam.  We get from 35 to 100 biopsies a day so it was an issue.

Pam ----- Original Message -----

From: "Powell, Shirley" <POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu>
To: "Timothy Morken" <Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org>, "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:50:24 AM
Subject: [Histonet] RE: biopsy "bags" for processing - alternatives

Hi Tim and all,

I recently did a search for cassettes that I can process tiny, and I mean tiny (we are talking gnat's eyes, not really), specimens and found some cassettes that were perfect for them and one for a little larger, but still tiny.  The came from Cancer Diagnostics, no I do not get a kick back.  They are called AutoSette Cassettes (Vortex Cornerless Biopsy Cassettes) and are concave with NO corners for the tiny pieces to get caught in.  I deal with a lot of small and unique tissues/animals and these work perfectly.  Repeating myself, but the VM1007 ones are for the really extra tiny specimens and the VM1005 are for the little larger specimens.  You can get them in colors to differentiate types of sources.  You can see them here.  http://www.cancerdiagnostics.com/CDI_Products.aspx?pid=153

I must say I have not lost anything yet.

Shirley