[Histonet] RE: biopsy "bags" for processing - alternatives

Norton, Sally sally.norton <@t> seattlechildrens.org
Wed Aug 13 10:44:21 CDT 2014

We wrap our specimens in End Wrap papers (cut in half).  Takes more time I suppose than putting them in bags.

Sally Norton, HT
Seattle Childrens Hospital

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pam Marcum
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 08:37
To: Timothy Morken
Cc: Histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] biopsy "bags" for processing - alternatives

Our kidney and liver biopsies are placed in BX bags (tea bags).  The pathologist feel the nylon bags leave a pattern on the tissue and sponges are even worse.  The Gross Room staff and residents also dislike the nylon bags as they feel they are harder to handle and stiff.  Then we in Histology feel exactly the same as Tim's description.  We have tried various things and keep going bag to "tea bag" style biopsy bags.  If anyone has come up with a better idea or product please let us all know.
Thank You,
Pam Marcum
UAMS