[Histonet] RE: protocols

Sue suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 14:43:17 CDT 2014

hello

We collect one unstained for postate biopsies, 5 unstained for lungs (we id each slide with a level number and do 5 unstained), if the biopsy is small the histotech will take come unstained slides and hold them for about a week, we actually place a dot on the block so the techs know there are unstained.  If the pathologistrs wants unstained requested upfront they are ordered by the PA's.

We found that we were discaring  almost a case of unstaained slides a month , since they were plus slides that is about $400 per month.  We do not seem to have many issues, although sometimes you just have that case that will haunt you.

S Paturzo

TJUH