[Histonet] Does anyone know where I can get a metal container to hold isopentane that I would place my OCT molds into when making Frozen blocks?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri Aug 8 17:11:19 CDT 2014

Patrick,

Look up "steel beakers" on the Fisher website (fishersci.com) and you'll see a variety.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lewis, Patrick
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 3:06 PM
To: 'Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Does anyone know where I can get a metal container to hold isopentane that I would place my OCT molds into when making Frozen blocks?

Hi Everyone.

I make my Frozen blocks by Immersing the cryo molds in a metal container (Looks like a larger flat base  ½ coke can) filled with Isopentane solution.  That container is then surrounded by Dry Ice.  We need a new metal container.  Does anyone know where I could buy one?

I don't really want to change to an Aluminum block method as I like the penetration freezing I get from liquid emersion.

Thanks

Patrick.