[Histonet] questions

Sue suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 14:22:32 CDT 2014

So here at TJUH, we are color coded and all blocks other than routine and decals are cut in this manner.  One tech is assigned rapids (green), another tech is assigned bone marrow and cell blocks (yellow and blue) and one tech is assiged out satalite hospital (pink cassettes) All are completed by 10AM.  The fourth tech will start on biopsies (peach).  This is all done while embedding is still taking place.  Routine and decals are placed in order qc'd an distributed among all tech except the rapid tech.  They are all stained accordingly.  We do adhere the the proper fixation times for IHC.  Autopy cassettes are cut by a tech in the afternoon depending on who is available.  We do not have any lab aides so a tech is assigned to instrumentation, and one tech is assiged up front, that is staining, sorting and releasing of cases.  This tech is assisted by another tech when they have completed microtomy.  The tech that is in the front will cut biopsies, especially the ones for H-Pylori and than go to the front for the remainder of the shift.

I know it sounds confusing but it actually works.

Sue Paturzo
TJUH