[Histonet] RE: Glassware Cleaning, CAP Checklist Item GEN.41770

Jamal j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Wed Aug 6 03:25:48 CDT 2014

I am also the same as Joelle & Brian, It never been questioned by CAP
inspectors but since it's in the common checklist we have to follow that’s
why we have a policy with simple procedure and record, the procedure almost
the same as Brian procedure but some time we use the digital PH meter.

Best Regards,

Jamal M. Al Rowaihi	Anatomic Pathology Supervisor       | Al Borg
Medical Laboratories |  Mobile +966 503629832|
j.rowaihi <@t> alborglaboratories.com
Palestine St, Al Rajhi Building, P.O. Box 52817, Jeddah 21573, KSA    |
Phone: +966 12 670 0099	      | Fax: +966 12 676 4984     |
www.alborglaboratories.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joelle
Weaver
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 10:33 PM
To: Cooper, Brian; Laurie Colbert; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Glassware Cleaning, CAP Checklist Item GEN.41770

Do the same as Brian. It is not that involved really, and its not worth
getting a deficiency over.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC

> From: bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu
> To: lcolbert <@t> pathmdlabs.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:07:05 +0000
> CC:
> Subject: [Histonet] RE: Glassware Cleaning, CAP Checklist Item GEN.41770
>
> I've never been asked by a CAP auditor either, but our internal inspectors
used to inquire about this in a previous lab all the time.  We use
Bromocresol Purple as an indicator here, and we have a simple log sheet
wherein our crew just tests one piece of cleaned glassware each day.  They
write the type of glassware they test, and place a checkmark in a "yellow"
or "purple" column based upon what they see.  If "purple," they rewash,
retest and document accordingly.