[Histonet] Negative controls

Debra Siena DSiena <@t> statlab.com
Tue Apr 29 09:27:52 CDT 2014

I just wanted to clarify there are two types of negative controls, one is a negative reagent control and one is a tissue that is known negative.  A lot of time, we tend to focus on the negative reagent control and forget about the negative tissue control.  I know that a lot of smart folks out there on histonet will be able to give you some direction as far as how to write a policy to cover both but just wanted to clarify that the two types of negative controls are different and the negative reagent control may be abandoned if you are running a polymer detection kit but the known negative tissue controls are still required.  Thanks

  Debbie Siena, HT(ASCP)QIHC
StatLab Medical Products
Technical Support Manager
407 Interchange Street | McKinney, TX 75071
t: 800.442.3573 ext. 229 | f: 972.436.1369
dsiena <@t> statlab.com | www.statlab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Beth Brinegar
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 4:56 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Negative controls

Hello fellow histonetters,

What is are other labs doing to satisfy the ANP.22570 QC - Antibodies "Appropriate negative controls are used."

I apologize, I know this question has been asked before.  I'm trying to satisfy these requirements in one procedure.

Thank you all for your assistance!!

Beth Brinegar HTL(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Mercy Medical Center