[Histonet] Awards Spotlight - Tips to Writing an Excellent Letter of Recommendation

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Apr 24 10:47:09 CDT 2014

Awards Spotlight - Tips to Writing an Excellent Letter of Recommendation

Today I'm not focusing on a specific award but providing some tips for those nominating others for awards.  The Awards Committee has to sift through multiple nominations in order to choose the appropriate person for a particular award.  We receive the persons CV and particulars but what really makes one individual stand out from the rest?  I can tell you what that is - it's their letters of recommendations, so here are a few tips:

1.       Get focused - understand what award you are nominating them for and focus in on the award criteria listed on the NSH website.

2.       Get personal - what has that person accomplished?  Don't generalize, we don't just want to know that they are a great histotech, we know that, that's why they have been nominated we want to hear WHAT makes them a great histotech, tell us what they have done, give us some examples, what makes this person stand out amongst others, the more personal the better.

3.       Get multiple people to write letters - everyone has different experiences and different viewpoints.

4.       And last of all - Get busy and nominate!!!  The deadline for nominations is June 1st. http://nsh.org/scholarships-awards
Thanks again

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
liz <@t> premierlab.com<mailto:liz <@t> premierlab.com>
www.premierlab.com<http://www.premierlab.com/>

March 10, 2014 is Histotechnology Professionals Day

Ship to Address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504