[Histonet] RE: I need opinions on Leica instruments

Deborah Shank DShank <@t> chpnet.org
Thu Apr 24 09:00:05 CDT 2014

BOND III is excellent, I have 6.

Deborah Shank, Manager
Mt.Sinai Beth Israel
Ny,NY
Immunopathology, Flow Cytometry,
Immunohistochemistry, FISH
Tel  212 420 4049
FAX 212 420 4087

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Duddey, Aimee
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:29 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] I need opinions on Leica instruments

I am considering the Peloris II tissue processor and the Bond IHC stainer for our lab.  We are a 400 bed regional hospital with a growing outreach business.  We have had Thermo Excelsior processor for years and have never really been happy with it.  Of course our VIP is as reliable and consistent as they come.  We currently have a full Ventana line for IHC (2 ultras, 2 XTs, and BMK special stainer).  I would appreciate any feedback about Leica's line of products.  Please include experiences good and bad.
Thank you in advance.

Aimee M. Duddey, MLT(ASCP)
Assistant Director of Laboratory - Pathology
FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital
Pinehurst, NC 28374
(910) 715-5286