[Histonet] I need opinions on Leica instruments

Britton, Josette C JCBRITTON <@t> Cheshire-Med.COM
Thu Apr 24 08:11:25 CDT 2014

I love all of their instruments! Josie Britton, HT (ASCP) QIHC

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Duddey,
Aimee
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:29 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] I need opinions on Leica instruments

I am considering the Peloris II tissue processor and the Bond IHC
stainer for our lab.  We are a 400 bed regional hospital with a growing
outreach business.  We have had Thermo Excelsior processor for years and
have never really been happy with it.  Of course our VIP is as reliable
and consistent as they come.  We currently have a full Ventana line for
IHC (2 ultras, 2 XTs, and BMK special stainer).  I would appreciate any
feedback about Leica's line of products.  Please include experiences
good and bad.
Thank you in advance.

Aimee M. Duddey, MLT(ASCP)
Assistant Director of Laboratory - Pathology
FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital
Pinehurst, NC 28374
(910) 715-5286