SV: [Histonet] Xylene substitute for processing GI biopsies

Karen Inge Nielsen krns <@t> regionsjaelland.dk
Fri Apr 18 13:26:42 CDT 2014

Hi
Since you use a tissue tec VIP from Sakura you could use tissue clear from Sakura.
I have been a histotech for 11 years an have only used xylene substitute for processin. The past 3 years on Peloris from Leica and before that on VIP E300.
I use Tissue Clear from Sakura and it works as well as xylene. You just need to entlong the clearing steps a little.
I use also Tissue Clear in the stainingprocess.
Just go for it.... I work xylenefree with results as good as xyleneprotocols.
Kind regards
Karen
Fra: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] p&#229; vegne af Lori Gemeinhardt [loreli173 <@t> mac.com]
Sendt: 18. april 2014 02:18
Til: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Emne: [Histonet] Xylene substitute for processing GI biopsies

Hi there!
I have spent a lot of time reading the archives, but still need some specific and current input/advice.
I'm interested in overnight processing for GI biopsies on a Tissue-Tek VIP with a xylene substitute.  I need insight on protocols, brands, effects on staining..... The good, the bad, the ugly. I have only used xylene in my many years of experience!  This is completely new (to me), and rather overwhelming.
It would be ideal to use the same substitute in the staining process, so any consideration with that is also appreciated.
I understand this has been discussed, at length in the past, and I apologize.... I am just hoping to zero in on the best case scenario as a starting point.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Lori