[Histonet] Processor problems

H R hrfulklab <@t> gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:33:50 CDT 2014

I posted the other day about having problems with my two processors. My
newest processor I believe is having an issue with
dehydration/infiltration. I have tried everything I know, plus some
suggestions from this list. I downloaded their manual for the processor and
the suggested program for this processor is 1-formalin, 3-95% alcohol,
3-100% alcohols, 3-xylenes and 3 paraffins. Does that not seem like ALOT of
alchol? And starting with 95 right after formalin seems it would lead to
problems with the salts from formalin. I've never seen a set up like above,
but I guess since my problems are with dehydration, I may try it. It just
seems like it would dry it out horribly.
--
*Heather*