[Histonet] Paraffin

Cameron, Elizabeth ecameron1 <@t> midcoasthealth.com
Wed Apr 16 08:57:56 CDT 2014

Hello histonetters,

I recently made the move back to a hospital lab after being in research, and we are currently using two different parrafins for infiltration and embedding.  I would like to change the type of paraffin that we are using (I have one in mind), but I was wondering if there were any advantages to using different paraffins for the different steps and what type of validation would need to be done to make this change.  We only have one processor, so a side by side comparison would be very difficult.  Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Liz