[Histonet] Problems with processors and dehydration

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 08:33:58 CDT 2014

I am also at a loss. The unnamed manufacturer seems to have produced an unreliable machine, except for the initial 2½ years it worked fine. I also agree with you that if anything the tissues would be over-processed with your protocol. Now if your whole protocol is the same (including fixation) as when the machine worked correctly you can be sure the problem is in the machine both the initial one and the loaner.
My recommendation? Talk with the lab administrator and explain the whole situation and budget for a new tissue processor and count your loses. This will be better than making a wrong diagnosis to a patient because of a poorly processed tissue and been found liable for it.
You could always start fiddling with reagents and times but I do not think you will solve the problem.
Start anew with another issue processor.
René J.