[Histonet] Telepathology

Douglas Porter doug.porter <@t> caplab.org
Wed Apr 9 15:41:23 CDT 2014

Regarding sectioning of the specimen for frozen section, we had a video
camera set up so the pathologist could view the specimen and direct the
"person" on the other end how and what to section.  We ended up not using
this scenario, but had planned to see if it was an "approved" method.  I
suspect you'd have to have a PA or equivalent person on the specimen end for
it to be "approved".  We used WebEx for this also.

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Grossing Technician
IT Coordinator
Cancer Registrar

CAP-Lab, PLC
2508 South Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48910-3138

517-372-5520 (phone)
517-372-5540 (fax)

doug.porter <@t> caplab.org

www.caplab.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or capture of this communication is
please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete this and all
copies. Thank-you.