[Histonet] RE: Instrument Verification

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:51:54 CDT 2014

I do understand and sympathize with the situation in many clinical labs with staff , sometimes barely enough to do the work and it is challenging to keep up with expanding documentation also.  I would like to meet the GLP, but do struggle to be as extensive in my documentation. I do try to get as close to the ISO standards as possible, just to cover myself. I agree with Elizabeth's post that this seems to be the direction CAP has been heading over the years.
I think that if you get new instruments, methodology, technology they will certainly want to see the more robust documentation. For example ( see the current CAP today on IHC validation), this will surely be the "guideline" of tomorrow....
But for those older, in long use instruments and technology,  my opinion is that if you have documentation in line with what the checklist stipulated when it went into use, and also all PM, maintenance, and QC- and have documented any corrective actions, this will probably "fly" for now? What does everyone else think?

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC