[Histonet] RE: PA hours

Douglas Porter doug.porter <@t> caplab.org
Thu Apr 3 13:06:41 CDT 2014

PA's will work when the specimens are in the lab.  As previously mentioned,
if it's a hospital only lab, then a conventional day shift would work.
After all, what surgeon wants to work past 4p?  LOL!!  However, if the lab
services a hospital, surgery centers, doctor offices, etc., the PA or PA's
will work when those specimens are available which usually means during the
day, in the late afternoon and early evening.  Mine is the later example.
The specimens don't start arriving until 130p and keep coming until 630p.  I
have couriers dropping off specimens throughout the afternoon.  I do
supervisory work, coordinate the IT infrastructure, submit all of our
primary malignant cases to our State Cancer Registry and in my spare time
gross all of the specimens.  I work from Noon to 830p or later.  So,
Carol...it all depends on the workload and when the work is received.  Hope
this helps!!

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Grossing Technician
IT Coordinator
Cancer Registrar

CAP-Lab, PLC
2508 South Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48910-3138

517-372-5520 (phone)
517-372-5540 (fax)

doug.porter <@t> caplab.org

www.caplab.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or capture of this communication is
please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete this and all
copies. Thank-you.