[Histonet] RE: Cytology processing staffing

Gray, Ed egray <@t> hsc.wvu.edu
Thu Sep 26 13:13:13 CDT 2013

We have two people processing approximately 8000 PAPs, 2200 Non-Gyns and 600 FNAs.  In addition to the duties you mentioned our folks also pickup specimens twice a day in various locations (roughly 30 min per run); file slides and paperwork for cytology; assist with filing surgical pathology; merge patients in our APLIS; and of course the ever-present "other duties as assigned."  Not a great benchmark but maybe it will help.

Ed Gray | Pathology IT Analyst | Phone: 304-293-2945 | Fax 304-293-1627 | WVU Healthcare l egray <@t> wvuhealthcare.com<mailto:egray <@t> wvuhealthcare.com>

Message: 1

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:27:59 +0000

From: Donna Millard <Donna.Millard <@t> prlnet.com<mailto:Donna.Millard <@t> prlnet.com>>

Subject: [Histonet] Cytology processing staffing

To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>"

                <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>>

                <64D11CD058311340A1966C234C6B0B890FA311FA <@t> PRLEXCH02.prlnet.com<mailto:64D11CD058311340A1966C234C6B0B890FA311FA <@t> PRLEXCH02.prlnet.com>>

For those of you also over cytology, how do you staff for cytology processors? I can't find a benchmark for # of PAPs and nongyns / processor. Our processors accession, process, answer phone calls, call on requisition discrepancies, send specimens for molecular testing... Feedback is appreciated.

Donna Millard

Director of Anatomic Pathology

Physicians Reference Laboratory, LLC

7800 W. 110th Street,Overland Park, KS  66210

Direct: 913-339-0485

Fax: 913-319-4156

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Physicians Reference Laboratory, LLC and are intended only for the addressee.The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call PRL's corporate offices in Overland Park, Kansas, U.S.A at (913)338-4070