[Histonet] edge effect on IHC

Mary Benoit mbplab <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 16:00:57 CDT 2013

I have been aware of some "edge effect" on an occasional slide, but lately we noticed the effect is showing up in the area of the slide that is farthest from the labels. We use DAKO Link Autostainer and their pretreatment baths for everything. One case in particular we stained a large melanoma met to colon that was well fixed and processed that stained only the edge, however when we sent block to Neogenomics reference lab, their slide stained evenly over the entire tumor area. We both used a melanoma cocktail. Not sure what is going on. Any suggestions?
Thank you
Mary F Benoit, MT(ASCP)
The Pathology Laboratory
830 Bayou Pines Drive