[Histonet] ZInc formalin

BILL O'CONNOR b427297 <@t> aol.com
Thu Sep 19 12:43:31 CDT 2013

Santa Cruz had the only really good antibody for CD31 in mouse that worked on FFPE.  Yes, Liz - their goat died.  I remember them telling me that about 10 years ago.  I was working on a project at the time where CD31 was so very important in murine xenografts.  No one has every really been able to get another antibody that was as good as that one.  They tried to clone the goat, but no mas.
Jackie

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Chlipala <liz <@t> premierlab.com>
To: Mehmet Fatih BOZKURT <fbozkurt <@t> gmail.com>; Mesruh Turkekul <turkekul <@t> gmail.com>; Histonet <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thu, Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am
Subject: RE: [Histonet] ZInc formalin

Hello All
Unless something has changed,  this is how I remember it.   That antibody used
o work for mouse on FFPE tissue samples ( I had a lot that did work and it was
reat, but that was years ago) and then the goat died or something like
hat??????.   From what I understand now the current lot numbers do not work on
FPE tissues samples.  Has something changed recently that this antibody will
ork again in FFPE mouse tissues, if so I'm interested.  That antibody worked on
ultiple species quite well before.
Thanks
Liz
aboratory Manager