[Histonet] RE: Gastro Tissue for Validation of Processing Protocol

Barbara Tibbs barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
Wed Sep 18 12:48:03 CDT 2013

What I did when validating a processor for small biopsies was to cut tiny, biopsy-sized sections of tissue from larger specimens such as stomach, colon, skin, etc. We inquired at a local hospital to see if we could get specimens and they graciously donated tissues that otherwise would have been discarded.
The validation process went well and I use the protocol to process patient biopsies at present.
If you have access to these types of tissue, particularly stomach since that is what is your interest, you might try this technique.

Barbara S. Tibbs
Histology Supervisor
Accurate Diagnostic Labs
South Plainfield, NJ
barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
732-839-3374
Cell: 610-809-6508

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> on behalf of Ian R Bernard <ibernard <@t> uab.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Gastro Tissue for  Validation of Processing Protocol

Our lab is looking to acquire actual (gastric) or alternate similar tissue to validate a gastro tissue processing protocol.  Any suggestions on obtaining endoscopic biopsy specimens or alternate tissue types to validate the gastric biopsy protocol?

Ian R. Bernard
Ian R. Bernard, MSHA, HT (ASCP)
NCOIC-Manager, Anatomic Pathology Lab
10th Medical Group