[Histonet] Equipment selection

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Thu Sep 12 13:44:05 CDT 2013

As far as stainer and coverslipper, I think it comes down to personal preference. I've used both, and I think both are very good.

When it comes to Immunostainer, I'm familiar with Ventana, Dako, Thermo Scientific Autostainer (Labvision) and Bond Max. I do not like the Dako/Thermo platform at all. I really, really like the Bond Max. But then again, that is my personal preference and opinion.

Bea

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
2855 Gazelle Ct.
Carlsbad, CA 92010
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Huggins, Haley - MRMC
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:56 AM
To: Rene J Buesa; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Equipment selection

I actually know all the equipment. Well, I know 3 of the pieces really well, the Leica Bond Max is new to me. I did go to another lab to see it as well as the Leica stainer/coverslipper. I was impressed with the Bond Max, not as much with the coverslipper part of the stainer/coverslipper. The big issue I am having is if I want to go with the Bond Max, I technically need to go with the Leica stainer/coverslipper because it is lumped into a big package deal. If I want the Sakura Prisma stainer/film coverslipper, I go with the Dako immunostainer. I am having trouble deciding. It is boiling down to money, which sucks since I might be forced to go with something that I might not be happy with in the future.

Haley