[Histonet] Equipment selection

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 11:07:56 CDT 2013

If buying the Bond means that you are forced to "swallow" the Leica coverslipper go with Sakura and Dako.
If they are making that "package" is because the Bond sells well but they are having to "swallow" the coverslipper. Price is important but in the long run it is better to increase productivity and avoid problems. The Sakura is much faster than the Leica coverslipper.
René J.

________________________________
From: "Huggins, Haley - MRMC" <Haley.Huggins <@t> DignityHealth.org>
To: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>; "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Equipment selection

I actually know all the equipment. Well, I know 3 of the pieces really well, the Leica Bond Max is new to me. I did go to another lab to see it as well as the Leica stainer/coverslipper. I was impressed with the Bond Max, not as much with the coverslipper part of the stainer/coverslipper. The big issue I am having is if I want to go with the Bond Max, I technically need to go with the Leica stainer/coverslipper because it is lumped into a big package deal. If I want the Sakura Prisma stainer/film coverslipper, I go with the Dako immunostainer. I am having trouble deciding. It is boiling down to money, which sucks since I might be forced to go with something that I might not be happy with in the future.

Haley