[Histonet] GI biopsy slides

Elizabeth Chatfield epchatfield <@t> ihis.org
Wed Sep 11 05:04:30 CDT 2013

Thanks for the input everyone! I can let all involved that other labs have made the same change (such a dirty word :0)

Elizabeth

>>> "Rathborne, Toni" <trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com> 9/10/2013 2:50 PM >>>
We've been doing this for years. You'd be surprised with the overall savings (slides, frequency of changing stains, storage), and also TAT since you'll be able to put through more cases on your stainer.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Chatfield
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:32 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] GI biopsy slides

Hi folks,

We are re-thinking how we cut our GI biopsy slides. Currently we are cutting 3 levels with 3 sections on each slide.  Is anyone out there putting all 3 levels on the same slide?  We are receiving cases with a large number of samples and some our pathologists would like to see fewer slides.

Thanks,
Elizabeth
Charlottetown, PE

Statement of Confidentiality

This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.