[Histonet] ICC on previously Wright stained smears

Susan Foreman sforeman <@t> labpath.com
Mon Sep 9 10:18:23 CDT 2013

Is anyone running ICC on previously Wright-Giemsa stained smears?  What kind
of info can you offer?   We didn't have any staining without antigen
retrieval, so we added that step.  So with the antigen retrieval,  the cells
are in good shape, but now there is too much background without very much
cellular staining.  What recommendations do you have?  Longer or shorter
time in antigen retrieval?  Adjust the pH of the antigen retrieval?  We
don't have very many smears left on this research patient.

Many Thanks,

Susan