[Histonet] Thermo equipment:

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Tue Oct 29 08:42:10 CDT 2013

I ewcho Pam's message. Buggy at first, but stayed buggy for a long time w the cassette printer. They have replaced the heads on cassette writer a number of times, but we now have one that works great and we are happy with them. I have no experience w their processor. - Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marcum, Pamela A
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:14 AM
To: 'Jb'; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Thermo equipment:

We have had the Thermo system with the slide writers and cassette writers for a little over two and a half years.  We did have issues when we got the system as it was new to the market and had some bugs. Thermo fixed the problems and Thermo stood by us until we got everything we needed.  They did it very quickly to make us a very happy group of Histologists and the Gross Room techs.

We now have two other labs who bought the system a year after we did and all the bugs were gone.  They have had no problems and love the systems as much as we do.

We do decal nightly on bone marrows and have never had a cassette label fade or come off in the solution.  It was an absolute necessity for us to know the information did not fade and the cassette writer was the only I was comfortable would hold up for this as it literally "burns" the number into the plastic.

Pam Marcum
UAMS