[Histonet] hands free scalpel blade system ?

della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Fri Oct 25 10:28:48 CDT 2013

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is using a hands-free scalpel blade system that works well.

If you are not familiar with what I referring to, we are looking to a means of removing used scalpel blades from scalpel handles and installing new blades hands free, without the need to touch the blades.

We currently use the Bladex system but are searching for something that works more reliably.

If you know of an alternative to Bladex I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you,

Vinnie Della Speranza

Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services

Medical University of South Carolina