[Histonet] Texas Red

Mary Ann Deathridge madeathridge <@t> pastnashville.com
Thu Oct 24 11:50:55 CDT 2013

1)  Does anybody use a "Texas Red filter" for viewing IHC slides stained
with  Sox10, red chromagen?  I have used several different co.'s red
chromagen.  We get positive staining.  However, if we get as vibrant as my
pathologist likes then there is a slight blush.  He returned from a meeting
and said that "Texas Red" was being used.  I found it to be a filter for
the scope.  The filters cost approx. $600-900.  Thoughts?

2)  Anyone using ERG antibody for dermpath cases?  Vendor?

Thanks in advance ! ! ! !

Hi Joyce, hope you are doing well  (^_^)

Maryann Deathridge, BS, HT (ASCP)

Lab Manager

Pathology Assoc. of St. Thomas

Nashville, TN 37205