[Histonet] HTL / CG

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Oct 23 15:16:36 CDT 2013

Joelle, I think you will have a very hard time finding someone with both, especially dual ASCP certification. I've met or hear of anyone with dual certification, or even working in both. It may be the best you will find is someone who has certification in one and some practical experience in the other. Or someone willing to cross-train.

Good luck!

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of joelle weaver
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:35 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] HTL / CG

 Hello fellow histology netters
I have been asked by my employer to search for and retain an individual who possesses an HTL (ASCP) certification, but who also has a CG (ASCP) certification ( or at least have solid experience in the arena of FISH & cytogenetics).  I have not personally come across anyone like that in my own personal, mostly clinical histology career. Perhaps it is more common in research?

Can anyone offer an opinion or insight into how common the above combination of education, training and certification(s) may be?
I tried to contact the BOR/BOC for a non-identified statistic on that, but have not gotten a reply.
Appreciate any assistance.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC