[Histonet] RE: Tissue marking dyes

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Wed Oct 16 15:59:28 CDT 2013

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions. I want to apologize for singling out a single company. It turns out, upon further examination, that we have inks from at least three different companies. TBS is actually the least problematic of the whole bunch. I won't mention who makes the others.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of O'Donnell, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:51 AM
To: Histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue marking dyes

I am wanting to 'cut' the dense tissue dye(s) by TBS (probably same as Cancer Diagnostics or any other). Orange is very thick, so is green. I'm being a bit lazy here, but I was wondering if anyone else is going this? Do you use water, alcohol or H2O2?

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks - Bill
William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC Senior Histologist Good Samaritan Hospital
10 East 31st Street
Kearney, NE 68847
SERENITY is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.
Cultivate it in PRAYER!

This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.