[Histonet] India ink

Cheryl Crowder ccrowder <@t> vetmed.lsu.edu
Fri Oct 11 09:48:59 CDT 2013

Recently I needed to mark some previously fixed and decaled bones.  I had
neither tattoo ink or India ink.  As an alternative, I rinsed the tissue,
blotted it dry and marked the surface with a fine point cassette/slide
marker.  I use both StatLab and Leica.  It worked like a charm.  Because the
ink  is permanent there was no problem losing it during processing and the
fine points left just small dots.  The only thing is that the tissues should
be blotted well as moisture seems to cause a little bleeding.

 Cheryl Crowder, HTL(ASCP)