[Histonet] RE: Validating on new Benchmark

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Fri Oct 11 07:47:28 CDT 2013

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Fawn Bomar
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 6:49 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Validating on new Benchmark

Hi everyone,

I have a few more questions that I was hoping I could get some help on.

1.   How did everyone go about obtaining the positive and negative controls-(did you choose patient cases or go with generic controls such as extra tonsil, appendix, colon,etc...)

	We used both.

2.  For the negative controls do you have to find separate negatives or can you use the internal negative controls if the tissue has it.

	Our in-house QA people determined we need to have separate negative cases.

3.  Do you have to do a minimum of 10 positive and negatives or can we do 5 (other than the ER/PR and Her2)

	CAP is vague on this saying that for hard-to-find positive cases, less than 5 +/- will suffice.

Thank you

Fawn
This electronic message may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the message.

If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. Do not deliver, distribute, or copy this message, and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.

Thank you