[Histonet] Thermo Fisher Slide Mate printer

Marcum, Pamela A PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu
Thu Oct 10 15:16:31 CDT 2013

We use the Slide Mate and we really like them.  We did have one problem with the printer tape and then we got a different lot and things have been much better.  The slides we use are the Thermo Colorfrost slides, in 6 colours and we have had no issues with the ink smearing or coming off.

Pam Marcum

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pratt, Caroline
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:58 PM
To: Moe, Barbi A; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Thermo Fisher Slide Mate printer

We are using them at Penn Medicine Dermatopathology.  We interface with our homegrown LIS.  We like the printers.  We have had some ribbon issues causing the print to move and some numbers to be cut off and the ink on the fisher slide can be wiped off so we are looking at other slides to see if they are more resistant to chemicals and oils with that printer, but overall we have been happy with them.