[Histonet] lower glands in colon not staining with IHC

Cathy Crumpton cathy.crumpton <@t> tuality.org
Fri Oct 4 15:18:14 CDT 2013

On our AE1/AE3 and CK 20 slides we are noticing a deminished staining in the lower glands of the colon sections.  My first thought was inadequate fixation, however the BerEP4 stained evenly.  This has been happening on different tissues, including small biopsies.  Does anyone have any ideas as to something else that could be causing a lack of staining on the internal colon portions?  We use Dako reagents and polymer kit and the skin and other tissues in the sausage block stain beautifully.

Cathy Crumpton HT(ASCP), Lead Histotechnician

Tuality Community Hospital

503-681-1292