[Histonet] AedestaT-cell/tissue preservation (ACTP) media for muscle bx's

Sharon Allen SAllen <@t> dsmanitoba.ca
Fri Oct 4 08:31:18 CDT 2013

I had read the article on:
Nonfrozen Transport Medium Preserves and
Restores Skeletal Muscle Enzymatic Activity
and Morphology from the The Journal of Histotechnology / Vol. 32, No. 2 / June 2009
posted lately on the Histonet.  I was wondering if anyone had used or heard of any further testing on the ACTP media for restoring & preserving frozen muscle bx's.
I have a whole year of muscle bx's from the mid 90's with severe freezing artifact, unfortunately someone shut our -70°C freezer off instead of the alarm, on a Friday afternoon & was not discovered until Mon. morning.
If anyone has any information I would appreciate it. It would be great to be able to restore these muscles when needed.
Thank you,

Sharon Allen

Senior Medical Technologist

Neuropathology Lab-MS435U

Health Sciences Centre

820 Sherbrook Street

Winnipeg,MB, CA

R3A 1R9

e-mail: sallen <@t> dsmanitoba.ca

This email and/or any documents in this transmission is intended for the
addressee(s) only and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying or dissemination is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and return the original.

Ce courriel et tout document dans cette transmission est destiné à la personne ou aux personnes à qui il est adressé. Il peut contenir des informations privilégiées ou confidentielles. Toute utilisation, divulgation, distribution, copie, ou diffusion non autorisée est strictement défendue. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et lui remettre l'original.