[Histonet] HT HistoDeck question...

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 3 07:15:56 CDT 2013

Personally, I think it's "a" is a wrong answer, and that you are correct
that "b" is a better answer. My students and I have found a couple of other
questions that we thought had the wrong answer indicated in the study set.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephenson, Sheryl
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 7:21 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] HT HistoDeck question...

Hi,
Please clarify why this answer to the HistoDeck study question is  a) and
not b).

Here is the question:

  'Frozen section slides cut from fresh, unfixed tissue specimens are
optimally fixed in which of the following solutions?
a) 37%-40% formaldehyde
b) Cold acetone
c) Acetic acid alcohol
d) Alcoholic formalin

Thanks,

Sheryl Stephenson | Histology Technician