[Histonet] RE: Validating new Benchmark instrument

Eytalis, Robert A Robert-Eytalis <@t> RiversideHealthCare.net
Wed Oct 2 13:40:31 CDT 2013

I am thinking there has to be a way to integrate the Validation into the Optimization the vendor does. I think you should be able to make microarray blocks/slides of at least 10 positive and more for ERPR per CAP during the optimization. Now, the vendor will say they only do Optimization, but there this is a way to get  them to do the stains for you at least. You can create your own document for the Validation.
When your manager negotiates the cost of the analyzer, see if the vendor can help out with the initial expense with an allowance. It sounds like you might be past this point.
Has anyone else done it this way?

Robert A. Eytalis
Laboratory Manager
robert-eytalis <@t> riversidehealthcare.net
Phone: (815) 935-7256 ext. 5186
                (815) 935-7535
Fax         (815) 935-7068

Riverside Medical Center
350 N. Wall Street - Kankakee, IL 60901

http://mail.riversidehealthcare.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=qIzWpCGMNkq2SuiIt1v_2X7GmC1aOtAI7VlOiEQ974hhCQzwyDH6yJklmjoBIK92OWDFwivhIZs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.riversidemc.net%2f  |  http://mail.riversidehealthcare.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=qIzWpCGMNkq2SuiIt1v_2X7GmC1aOtAI7VlOiEQ974hhCQzwyDH6yJklmjoBIK92OWDFwivhIZs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.facebook.com%2fRiversideMC

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Fawn Bomar [Fawn.Bomar <@t> HalifaxRegional.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Validating new Benchmark instrument

Hi everyone,

I know that this subject has come up several times and I am sorry to bother everyone again but I was hoping to find some help.  We are upgrading our Benchmark Immuno machines to the Benchmark XT immuno machine at the end of October.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach the validation process?  Do we need to validate every antibody that we use as well as the kits?  I know that there is also a gray area surrounding how many slides need to be run to consider the antibody validated, but what would be the suggested amount of slides to validate a new machine as I know this will be very costly.  Does anybody have a log/checklist/spreadsheet that they would be willing to share to help document this validation of the machine and each of the antibodies?

Thank you in advance for your help

Fawn Bomar
This electronic message may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged.  It is intended only
for the use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients
in the message.

If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any
computer. Do not deliver, distribute, or copy this message, and
do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on
the information it contains.

Thank you