[Histonet] Supervisor position, Histology,
UC San Francisco Medical Center
Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Nov 27 14:33:33 CST 2013
We are still accepting applications for this position.
The Histology Supervisor position has opened at UC San Francisco Medical Center in San Francisco, CA
Some basic info:
Supervises Histology, special stains and IHC.
30 pathologists, 25 residents, 3 certified PA's, 6 histotech PA's
Average 500 blocks/day, range is 300 to 900
Recuts = average 250 per day, up to 500
IHC = 300 slides per day, 230 antibodies on the menu
50 special stains per day
2 peloris processors, 3 VIP5
3 sakura embedding centers
9 Leica 2255 microtomes
1 Sakura Prisma H&E stainer
2 Sakura Glas coverslippers
4 Leica Bond Max IHC stainers, 1 Ventana Ultra
Cerner Copath Plus LIS, version 2012, upgrading to version 2013 in the spring.
Implementing Copath AB&T barcoding at this time. Go-live is in February.
Please apply through the Jobs website:
You can send a resume to me at tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org<mailto:tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org> so we can be sure HR passes your application on to us.
If you have any questions, ask me.
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center
505 Parnassus Ave, Box 1656
San Francisco, CA 94143
(415) 353-1266 (ph)
(415) 514-3403 (fax)
tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org<mailto:tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org>
HISTOLOGY AND IPOX SUPERVISOR
Pathology-Surgical / Histology
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under general direction from the Medical Director, the incumbent serves as supervisor to 3 Lead Histotechnologists and 9 Histotechnologists. In addition to supervisory duties, the incumbent serves as a technical expert providing direction to staff as well as performing all technical aspects of surgical histology and immunohistochemistry procedures. As supervisor: recruits, hires, trains, completes performance evaluations, and resolves employee issues. Provides orientation, completes competency assessments, maintains staff schedules, training and compliance documentation. Implements new tests and procedures as requested by Medical Directors. Updates and maintains the lab manuals and annual reviews required for accreditation. Integrates new technologies into the laboratory to include analyzing and selecting of new equipment that meets space constraints and operational needs. Ensures that new equipment and associated validation and staff training are performed. Ensures that all equipment is well-maintained. Ensures that staff training and documentation are completed as required. Ensures that QC documentation is complete and quality standards are maintained in the laboratory. Advises and assists researchers planning research projects and determines the ability of the laboratory to accommodate research projects, updating the Medical Director as required. Other duties as assigned.
* College degree in a biological science, chemistry or a related field or equivalent education, Work experience experience as a histotechnologist in a comparable high-volume hospital histology laboratory within the last seven years, including senior-level experience.
* Demonstrated high-volume, high-quality sectioning and staining skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* ASCP certification: HT licensed or eligible required (candidate will be expected to obtain certification within 1 year), HTL desirable.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure to meet deadlines required.
* Previous, recent supervisory experience in a Histology and /or Immunoperoxidase Laboratory required.
* Must be experienced with information technology systems and the use of hardware and software in business and laboratory settings.
* Must be an effective user of spreadsheets and database software.
* ASCP certification
* HT or HTL-licensed strongly preferred.
* Previous leadership experience in a hospital laboratory.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
More information about the Histonet