[Histonet] RE: Leica RM2255 block clamp

Barbara Tibbs barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
Wed Nov 20 13:11:58 CST 2013

Spend the 292 pounds and buy a new clamp.  A repaired clamp is  never tight enough to hold the cassette as tightly as a new one.

Barbara S. Tibbs
Histology Supervisor
Accurate Diagnostic Labs
South Plainfield, NJ
barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
732-839-3374
Cell: 610-809-6508

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> on behalf of Finlay Finlay <Finlay.Finlay <@t> glasgow.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:29 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica RM2255 block clamp

Hello

Hoping someone might be able to help with this microtome issue. I have a problem with the block clamp on one of my Leica RM2255's. It has recently loosened up and it is now possible to move the clamped cassette from side-to-side when the clamp is shut.

When I turn the bolt on the underside of the clamp it neither tightens up nor loosens off so there does not seem to be a way of taking the clamp apart any further.

Leica have suggested that I buy a new block clamp (£292) but it just feels like something that could be easily fixed, perhaps with a new spring? Has anyone had experience with this problem?

Thank you

Finlay Finlay

Histology Technician

Forensic Medicine and Science

School of Medicine

University of Glasgow

Joseph Black building

Direct Line: +44 (0) 141 3303443

E-mail: finlay.finlay <@t> glasgow.ac.uk <mailto:finlay.finlay <@t> glasgow.ac.uk>

The University of Glasgow Charity Number SC004401