[Histonet] Second Question of the Day: -80 degrees rationale

Paula Sicurello patpxs <@t> gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 11:37:01 CST 2013

Hello Again,
Gayle and Bill have provided the most succinct answers to the question of
the day.
Second Question: Is there a lower end, say -70 or -75, that provides the
same protection as -80?

I'm asking all this because I've inherited an old -80 freezer and would
like it to last as long as possible.  The lab that had this freezer
previously had an acceptable range of -70 to -90.

Thanks in advance, again, oh wise ones.
Paula
 --
> Paula Sicurello, HTL (ASCP)
> Supervisor, Clinical Electron Microscopy Laboratory
> Duke University Health System
> Rm.#251M, Duke South, Green Zone
> Durham, North Carolina 27710
> P: 919.684.2091
>
> HIPAA Privacy Notification: This message and any accompanying documents
are
> covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521,
> and contain information intended for the specific individual (s) only.
This
> information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an
> agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
> hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
> review, dissemination, copying or the taking of any action based on the
> contents of this information is strictly prohibited . If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
> delete the original message.