[Histonet] Specimen collection/transportation

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 07:13:47 CST 2013

The usual procedure where I have worked is that the placenta is delivered fresh to pathology in a large container, or refrigerated until next specimen pick up and formalin is added by the lab staff ( who have PPE, formalin training, spill kit) etc.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC