[Histonet] Leica vs Ventana

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Tue Nov 12 09:41:39 CST 2013

Another suggestion would be to go through the Histonet archives to see what problems people have questioned/reported over the last year. Don't forget about the bulk waste either. When we had considered Ventana, the waste (hazardous/non-hazardous) was combined - it may not be now, I haven't checked lately. Be sure to check with your own local municipality with regard to disposal. This could end up being far more costly for your lab if you have to pay for the combined bulk disposal rather than just the separated hazardous waste.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Phyllis Burnette
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 5:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica vs Ventana

Our hospital facility, as well, are faithful Ventana customers.  We have 3 ultras and appreciate the ease and flexibility needed for a busy hospital facility.  The slide drawers are random access so the slides are staining independently from one another.  Another great feature of the ultra is the random access points where antibodies, exhausted reagents, etc. can be added once the run starts and at multiple times during the staining run. Our laboratory has found that the quality of the IHC stains are exceptional and consistent from lot to lot.  The sales staff and technical support is superior and the engineers that work on our equipment are very thorough.  Of course, Ventana is light-years above with specimen tracking for the histology laboratory and we are very excited that with this addition, all slides will be tracked from start to finish.  Can't say enough, we really love this product!!!

Phyllis S. Burnette HT, ASCP
Anatomicals Supervisor
Riverside Regional Medical Center
757-594-2885