[Histonet] RE: Histo arcania ... Reticulum vs Reticulin

Barry Rittman barryrittman <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:24:13 CST 2013

Reticulin is a type of collagenous fiber that is generally argyrophilic and
first recognized as a type of collagen with the advent of electron
microscopy. Associated with basement membranes and with fiber networks in
bone marrow, lymph nodes  etc.
Reticulum in* anatomy* refers to a network.
In* histology* it is usually used to describe the endoplasmic reticulum
organelles in cells, comprised or smooth and rough endoplasmic reticulum
and involved in protein synthesis and modification.
Barry