[Histonet] On call hours required of staff

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Wed Nov 6 14:34:17 CST 2013

Will the techs be paid call pay? What is being asked of the techs to do on call?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of joelle weaver
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:26 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] On call hours required of staff

 Sorry if this re-posted- it got bounced back to me once.

Please advise of the number of hours that your histology staff are scheduled to take on-call in addition to their 40 scheduled hours ( FT staff/hourly) ?
If you have a maximum # of on call hours by your lab or HR policies, that would be most helpful.
The proposal is to begin a usual 40 worked hours scheduled in the lab and then ~ 15 hours overnight on call for each weekday,( M-F),  and potentially 8 hours or more each weekend day. I think this proposal is unreasonable, and 75 hours + 16 hours potential on call/week ( 91 hours on call?).
I would appreciate your thoughts , comments? I hope to derail this with something more reasonable

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC